Saturday, November 13, 2010

Washington DC Temple- Day of Service

This picture was snapped after all the work was done and we about to go home. I am actually kind of surprised that Alex smiled during the picture because he was in pain. Poor guy had been stung 3 times while we were finishing up our last project! We were laying new mulch on a nature trail behind the Temple when he was attacked. I was lucky enough to escape without a sting but the poor guy had to drive 3 and a half hours home with those stings.
They let me use power tools! hehe!

He looks a little annoyed with me because he is. He doesn't like that I have to take pictures of EVERYTHING! ;)

Those are Christmas lights and that isn't even half of what they use to decorate the Temple grounds at Christmas time. I think I can speak for everyone when I say "WOW!"

Many hands make light work! And if you notice the crates in the background, they are also all full of Christmas lights.

Once again, annoyed at my picture taking. But isn't he just so handsome?!


I don't know why, but I think this is my favorite picture.



On Saturday morning we got up somewhat early and headed out to the Washington DC Temple. It was our Stake service day so we were going to help with cleaning the Temple grounds and get it ready for the Holiday season. We worked really hard, but had a day that I don't think either of us will ever forget. We didn't even go inside, but still felt peace as we labored with our fellow members on the sacred grounds of the Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment