Saturday, November 13, 2010

Washington DC-Smithsonian

Here is the second half of our Friday in the Capitol. We spent it at the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History and National Museum of Man. Our plan was to see a couple of the Smithsonian's but it turns out that there was enough to see in this one that we could have stayed in there for 5 days!! These are only a handful of the pictures. Alex took most of the pictures on his iPhone since the battery on my camera died and my back up battery was also dead. (just my luck!) And I haven't uploaded the pictures that Alex has yet. So we also have pictures of the Hope Diamond, lot of minerals and stones, and more pictures of the stuff I have here.







Charles Darwin-The Father of the Evolutionary Theory
It's a shark in a jar. It doesn't look so scary like that.

I guess it's a good thing that we weren't alive at the same time as this thing was. It is very apparent that we wouldn't have had a chance!



This is a jar of Krill. Anyone who has seen Finding Nemo knows exactly what this is!

I thought this fish was very interesting. They found the fossils of this fish and thought is was extinct like the dinosaurs. But then some fisherman actually found this fish in the ocean and it still exists today. That is one old fish!!

This is the sign that is at the start of the Evolution of Man portion of the Museum. It is a thought provoking question in my opinion.
One of the statues in the History Of Man area.
Another Statue.....

It kept going up and down. I would hate to be the one responsible for keeping the number accurate.

So, you wanna hang around for lunch???

The Hippopotamus-Africa's most deadly animal (when it comes to killing humans.)



King of the Forrest!!! :) And according to Alex, I need to clarify that statement. I know that the Lion is king of the Jungle, but I was referring to the Wizard of Oz.

Tigers are my favorite!

Could you imagine hunting for deer and finding those fangs hanging out of it's mouth???

An Elephant never forgets!



T-Rex

My, what big teeth you have!!!!!!
We were exhausted after our tour and the visit to the museum. So we headed to the hotel to freshen up with the intentions of getting back out to see more. Yeah, that didn't happen....

No comments:

Post a Comment