Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Celebrate

Following after the pattern of 2010, Alex was gone for almost the whole month of October. BUT we did get to celebrate his birthday before he left. (He was out to sea on his actual birthday.) So we combined his two favorite things: motorcycles and football. I have a good friend that makes specialized cakes as a sort of hobby. She gave me a GREAT deal on a Harley Davidson Motorcycle cake. When I first asked her to do it for me, I was just excepting a small cake with maybe a Harley Davidson logo on it, but she completely blew me away! Thanks, again Katie!

I had just loaded it into my car to take it home. Alex was so surprised when he saw it! He loved it!
Lots of amazing details!
Standing next to his cake at the tail gating party. We drove down to Raleigh, North Carolina for the NCSU v Virginia Tech game and did some tail gating before the game and my Dad had the best tail gating food. Everyone walking by said "why didn't we get shrimp?!" and "where are my steaks?!" And of course, they were all talking about the awesome cake! :) If any of you are wondering, it was also delicious with white cake and strawberry filling!! YUM!

The NCSU hat was actually a birthday present from my dad, but Alex didn't want to wear it right then because we were actually rooting for VA Tech. We wanted them to do well so that it would make Boise State look better. If you don't follow college football, then that may not make sense to you, sorry.
There is my Daddy!!

Hey Phyllis!! Thanks so much for the tickets to the game!! We had a wonderful time!!

I LOVE this picture of Alex!! You can see his dimples!!! :)

Sea of Red! That stadium was packed!!!

Action on the field....
Had to get a shot of the cheerleaders! And if you look very closely, you will be able to see the Wolf and She-Wolf mascot!

Half-time show!

It was a great day and I am glad we got to celebrate his birthday. We wanted to stay the night in North Carolina, but unfortunately Alex had duty the next morning. Happy 26th Birthday, Alex!! We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment