Thursday, November 18, 2010

Norfolk Zoo Oct 2010

In October, Michelle and I went to the Norfolk Zoo. They were having a free day for military and their families and we thought it would be something to keep us busy with our hubbies away. Besides, Michelle loves anything that is free! (and who really doesn't?!) It was a small zoo, but it was nice that we were able to get so close to the animals. Here are a few of the highlights...


I don't remember the name of this bird, but it has awesome hair!! Or, uh...well, I guess it's feathers because I don't think birds have hair. Either way, it looked cool.

Not a very good pic of the Ostrich, but the zoo was really crowded and I couldn't get around to get a better shot. Every time I see an ostrich I think of the movie Swiss Family Robinson.
They had Lovebirds!! I had never seen a Lovebird before, and I couldn't get a good picture of the actual bird in the cage, so I took this picture so I could remember.

Giraffes are huge!! At least it seemed that way. We were actually really close.

The Elephants are Michelle's favorite. My favorite is the Tiger, but the Tiger exhibit is still being built. I was a little bummed about that.

The Lion taking a nap on the grass

All of the girl lions were sleeping on the rock. They must have kicked the boy lion out. :)

Had to get a picture of the Eagle. They are Alex's favorite.

That is the biggest pig I have ever seen!!!!!!


Small, but nice.

We had to get a picture of the two of us. We were trying to get the top of the building in too, but it was kinda difficult. So we just settled for this one. The weather was beautiful and afterwards we went out to the farm with my Dad and Phyllis to have dinner and sit by the fire. It was a good day....as good as a day can be spent without our husbands, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment