Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Valentines Day 2011

Valentines Day is one of those holidays that can be tough and unfair without a special some one by your side. Or in my case, I do have some one VERY special, but we had to be thousands miles apart. After all the dreading I did about this Valentines day that would have to be spent alone, I still had a couple things that brought a smile to my face. :)
Here is the first thing that had me showing my pearly whites. My awesome visiting teacher had thought about me and brought me a cute little plate of goodies. It made me feel special and those delicious treats you see pictured are actually mini cheesecakes!! How cute is that!?! Thanks for making me feel special, Kendy!

And my wonderful husband ALWAYS finds some way to make me smile. A friend of Alex's was flown off the USS Enterprise right before Valentines day and when I picked his friend up from the airport he had a little package from Alex for me. In it was a Turkish Sultan's puzzle ring and a handwritten note. I don't know if you can tell from the picture above, but it's actually a flower ring that you can put together and take apart like a puzzle. The note had said something like "this ring may only fit on your pinky, but it's the only flower I will be able to give you this Valentines Day." I wish I had a picture of the ring all put together but I haven't been able to put the "puzzle" back together since it came apart when I bumped it while taking clothes out of the dryer! But I absolutely love the ring and he couldn't have chosen a better gift!! I am one lucky girl!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment