Monday, January 24, 2011

Josh Turner-The Longer the Waiting



Right after Alex and I started dating is when I first heard this song. I thought it was so sweet and touched my heart. I never thought it would mean as much as it does to me now. Now it really hits home. The video that they put with it is beautiful. I laughed and cried all the way though it.
This past week and a half we have had an up-close-and-personal encounter with the down sides to military life. It has been disheartening, discouraging, and just plain unfair. But I want the whole world to know, and especially my husband to know that I am incredibly proud to say that I am the wife of not only an amazing man, but an amazing military man. Even if the Navy at this point it time might not view him as what they want him to be, he is exactly what he should be. An honest, admirable, kind man. I love you, Alex. And until you take off that uniform for good, whenever that might be, I will ALWAYS stand up and say "I am a Sailor's sweetheart!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment