Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas 2010


Alex, Me, Michelle, and Rob

My Halloween posts were late, so I guess it makes sense that my Christmas post is late too. We had a very quiet Christmas this year. It was just so nice to be home together and neither one of us had to work.
On Christmas Eve we were supposed to have a big dinner with a few of our friends, but Rob and Michelle were the only ones able to come. We missed the ones who couldn't make it, but it was nice to just have to four of us. (more food just for us!) That night I made a ham for the first time, which turned out better than I thought. I also made wilted lettuce salad and funeral potatoes. The potatoes were a hit, but I messed up on the salad. Thank goodness my friends and husband are nice and at it anyway.
After dinner we played games, played the kinnect, and listed to some Christmas music. The Ostrowski's didn't stay too late because they wanted to celebrate on their own.
So Alex and I decided to watch a movie and stay up till after midnight to open our presents. That's how all my family does it down in Florida. They always get together and open presents on Christmas Eve. I am surprised we stayed awake through all of the Chronicles of Narnia movie, but it was worth it.
Of course, I got spoiled and Alex didn't make out too badly either. My husband knows me so well, and he puts a lot of thoughts into his gifts. I love it!!
Christmas day, was also pretty laid back. We went out to Phyllis' house and had a very yummy Christmas dinner. We took Bridgette with it and she absolutely loves it out there. It was fun to see her play with my dad's puppies too! After dinner we just came home and lounged around (which is our favorite thing to do!)
All in all, it was a great holiday. I got exactly what I wanted which was to spend it with my wonderful husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment