Friday, October 1, 2010

Home Means Nevada

Here is the pictures of us in Caliente. We stopped here first to see friends and family there. I am kind of upset that we didn't get more pictures of the people that we stayed with. I didn't get pictures of Kelli and John, or her parents. And I also missed getting pictures of Beau and his little one!! I just miss them all so much, it would have been nice to have pictures to take home with me. I guess I will just have to get them next time!!

Here is Russ. (aka Russy) getting ready to go swimming. He is going to be such a little heart breaker some day!! And Alex is keeping occupied with my iPad.

It's me and Ally (aka Ally Bug!) I used to change this girls diapers and now look at her! She is a beautiful young lady!! Time just flies!!

Here is Dakota (aka Koda Bear) playing on the DS. I should have gotten a picture of him playing with the iPad. He loved it!! I told Kelli that they should get him one for his birthday lol.

Look at the teenage boredom!! :)

Here is Alex with more of the teenage boredom! I guess that's what you get on hot summer days!

Alex and I took a John's jeep out for a spin one afternoon and really enjoyed seeing the desert and mountains that we miss so much when we are here on the east coast. They sure don't have a lot of dirt roads in Virginia. At least not that I have seen!


This is the only "fast food" place in the ENTIRE county!! No drive-thru though, but we survived. :)


So happy to be home!!


Baby, lets drive!

Jeep Hair!!! hehe


Look at that! This is just gorgeous!! This is right next to the highway as you're leaving Caliente.



Trying to get us both in the shot. And that's little ol' Caliente in the background.


I love Jeeps!! Maybe I will get one someday! There is another shot of Caliente, too.

And there it is, Caliente. And would you believe that is actually the biggest town out of the three that made up my high school??

Waiting on Alex to get gas...
Another restaurant along mainstreet in Caliente. It is actually has a bar attached too.

I was trying to get a shot of the old railroad station as we were driving by. One of my really good friends grew up in a house just behind the old there.


Caliente's main businesses. There is actually a TruValue and a radio shack in there with all those old shops. Looks pretty busy today.


We drove out to Kershaw Ryan state park, but we weren't sure if we would have to pay to drive up there and take pictures. So I just decided to take a quick picture of the beautiful mountains.


My best friend having a good time driving the jeep. He loves driving a manual. When he drove through the water, he was nice enough to go slow that I didn't get covered with muddy water. :)

Home means Nevada, Home means the hills, home means the sage and the pine.......


No comments:

Post a Comment