Friday, October 1, 2010

Four Wheeling in Ely

When we finally made our way up the long highway to Ely, we got the take the four wheeler out for a spin. Alex's dad was nice enough to let us take it for the afternoon and we had a blast! And yes, we are wearing hoodies at the end of June. That's how we roll in Ely!! :)

We got a quick shot before we put the four wheeler back in the truck.
On our way back down the mountain.

Yep, we just went down that steep hill!!


Wait, who is taking the picture????

Pretty little trail that Alex took me to. We were hoping to see some deer, but the four wheeler might have been too loud.




Sitting on the four wheeler in the middle of a stream. Our pants were pretty muddy at the end of the day.

The four wheeler didn't scare the cows away at all!


Such a cute little baby calf!!


Don't run away!! MOOOOOO!!! Alex was laughing at me cause I kept "mooing" at the cows.

Yep, we are standing in the snow at the end of June!!! I guess we should have been wearing our sweaters, huh??


The snow!!! It certainly looks better on the mountain than on the roads in Virginia!!


View from the top of the mountain...



I am queen of the mountain!!!! The wind was blowing like crazy up there! Even with my sunglasses my eyes were watering.


That's the view of Ely from the top of the mountain. It's a little bigger than Caliente.

It's the King of the mountain!!

Pretty purple flower. I think it is called Indian Paintbrush, but I am not 100% sure so it will just be known as a pretty purple flower.

We went all the up to the top. Not all the way with the four wheeler because I was too much of a sissy. So we walked for the last little bit.

Alex told me that his friend dared him to go up that hill the last time he took the four wheeler out. He said that he didn't make it. :(

Getting it out and ready to ride! Yay!

This is a picture of the mountain that we went to the top of. Pretty impressive, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment