Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Work Schedule

So I just need to vent for a little bit. They have changed Alex's schedule at work again, and it is the worst it has ever been!!! Well, the worst it has been since we have been together. He has duty for two days in a row (which means he has to stay overnight on the boat for both days) and then he gets one days off. Then he gets up and does it all over again. And on his day off, they might not let him come home til noon. So that means that he only gets to be home two nights a week and not even a full 24 hours in most cases. We are both VERY unhappy with this change. Alex hates his work and hates not being able to sleep in his bed every night. And I HATE being alone for that long. On my days off when he's not here it gets so boring and lonely. On top of all that, when he is home at night he is exhausted. All he wants to do is lay in bed and relax. I totally understand this, but it does no good for me when I have cabin fever from staying home alone! Alex and I both agreed that I need to get a good hobby, but there is nothing we can do about his unhappiness at work. Hopefully this schedule won't last long and we keep telling eachother that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I don't know what I am gonna do when he goes on deployment! I guess we will just have to take it one day at a time......

No comments:

Post a Comment